Our technical risk consultancy services are focused on safety and loss prevention and are of significant value to asset-intensive businesses such as energy companies, chemical manufacturers, ship owners and associated stakeholders.
For these types of businesses, major accidental events can result in significant financial, environmental, personal and reputational damage. Identifying and reducing technical risk is vital to protect employees, the environment and to minimise losses, while safeguarding competitive advantage.
Making informed decisions to promote risk avoidance and maintain process safety requires organisations to consider not only technical expertise but must also arm themselves with sound, risk-based information. A holistic approach is essential to ensure the effective management of technical risk at both an asset and organisational level.
Our technical risk consultants help our clients to manage a broad spectrum of risks, from preventing catastrophic incidents to the adoption of a safety culture across the organisation.
They work collaboratively to provide insights pertaining to potential technical risks throughout the lifecycle of an asset development project, from early stage feasibility studies and concept design through to full-scale operation and subsequently to eventual decommissioning.
They provide analyses and guidance to help our clients to ensure that their facilities are designed, operated and maintained in such a way that process safety and major accident risks are at a level that is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
Our technical risk consultants can offer a comprehensive range of services including:
- Process safety, design, and operational reviews;
- Safety assessments;
- Risk management systems
- Risk management training workshops
- Organisation and operational risk assessments
- Quantitative risk assessments (including accidental release consequence modelling analysis);
- Human factors assessments and audits;
- Bow tie risk analysis;
- Failure mode effects analysis
- Process safety management program development and implementation (including audits);
- Emergency response planning;
- Incident investigation
- Safety and loss prevention support;
- Performance standards for safety critical elements and activities
- Reliability, availability and maintainability assessments.
Our consultants encourage clients to consider technical risks in the context of wider environmental, economic and health issues.
By monetising the potential impact of particular risks, we can help our clients to better comprehend how various hazards or occurrences might aﬀect the economics of a project, an asset or even their organisation as a whole.
Talk to one of our in-house experts to discover how we can help you to reduce technical risk and ensure the continuing safe operation of your assets.