Vassallo Associates has been effecting most types of Cargo Surveys to both local and international clients since the company’s beginning. Our clients range from most marine related sectors, such as, P&I Clubs, Insurance Companies, Shipping Lines, Port Operators, Freight Forwarding Companies, Importers and Exporters. Our team of cargo surveyors consist of well dedicated professionals, delivering high quality surveying and consultancy, combining their longstanding experience and appropriate education with a sense of efficiency and commitment to high ethical standards.
Our services include:
- Pre – shipment condition surveys:
To ascertain the condition of of cargo prior to shipping to ensure its same condition upon arrival at destination.
- Cross stuffing surveys:
To monitor, coordinate and secure the movement of cargo from one unit to another. To report damages that may have taken place, prior to or during the cross stuffing operation taking place.
- Container inspections and surveys.
- Frozen & refrigerated cargo surveys.
- Bulk cargo.
- Lashing Surveys.
- Various types of damage surveys.
- Tallying surveys:
An effective step to avoid shortage claims, is to effect a tally survey of the cargo at points of shipment.
- Pre-loading & out-turn surveys.
- Household goods and or personal effects surveys.
- Cargo holds inspection:
Prior to loading, the cargo spaces are inspected for suitability for the intended cargo which is to be loaded, in terms of cleanliness, coating, corrosion and previous cargo contamination.
- Superintendence on loading & discharge (load & stow surveys).
- Damaged cargo sales via salvage market.
- Assessing / coordination of repair costs of container and trailers.
- Investigations – pilferage reports.
- Non-delivery & short-shipped investigation surveys.
- Claims management services.